The Kendrick 58th Grammys

If you watched the 57th Grammys, you would've probably had the same line of thought as I had...these people can't possibly do better...but we were definitely proved wrong. The 58th Grammy Awards ceremony was so wild, it'd be a crime to say it didn't blow you away. The Grammys were once again hosted by LL CCOL J and held at the Staples Center. Enough about all the facts about this years ceremony, I think what everyone was talking about was how the night was Kendrick Lamar's, from the 11 nominations which is the most nominations for any rapper,even beating Eminem and now second highest overall to Michael Jackson, to the 5 awards he won and also his amazing performance. I've had a lot of arguments with my friends on the whole "why didn't JCole get an award" even though his album 2014 Forest Hills Drive was superb and even went platinum. It's no doubt that most of us know every single song on that album and can sing most of the lyrics, especially GOMD, which is probably one of the best rap songs I've heard, but when you put that against Kendrick's "Alright" and some other songs, it's definitely Kendrick who'll come out on top. It's still quite sad how JCole didn't win an award at even the BETs. Taylor Swift also had smiles on her face after winning 3 Grammys, even though I think she makes songs for girls who've been dumped.(I still listen to Bad Blood daily). I think in this years ceremony everyone got something...you know...except JCole who had like...nothing. I still don't know how to compare this years performances to the previous ones, because it will be really difficult, I mean look at Kendrick's performance with Imagine Dragons last two years, I couldn't even sit down after watching that epic show of pure talent and craziness all bottled up in one perfect cocktail. It's pretty much fair to say each year has its own highlighting performance,though this year, it's definitely between Kendrick's and Lady Gaga's tribute to David Bowie.
All in all, this years ceremony was epic...no no, unbelievably electric, and the controversy made everything even better. I almost forgot to talk about Kanye...ahh Kanye...I hope everyone saw the reply the Grammy account on Twitter gave him after he said he won't go for the Grammys unless they promise to let him win the album of the year...well we all knew that wasn't going to happen so, joke's on you Kanye. I'm sure in my subsequent postings I'll definitely talk about his financial problems and his new album, but till then, hope you liked this one and don't forget to leave a comment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'Only Angel Obinim can explain how the lord has blessed me' – Shatta Wale

Top producer B2 nominated for Ghana Tertiary Awards.

Bukom Banku to begin JHS