WE ARE SORRY!. JAY FOLEY, LEXIS BILL AND MZGEE APOLOGIZE FOR "MOCKING" ABRAHAM ATTA.

Well y'all know how the just ended Oscars went...With Leonardo DiCaprio picking up his first academy award, our very own Abraham Attah of the "Beast of No Nation" fame presenting an award and whatnot..

Things turned out quite sour when three of our media guys were accused mocking our very own Abraham Attah's fluency in the "Queen's language" on a radio show..

Several Ghanaians didn't take this kindly as most of them went onto Social media and "lambasted" Jay Foley, Kwame Sakyiama(Lexis Bill) and MzGee for doing such a thing rather than encouraging 14 year old Attah.

Even though few people who also listened to the show think there was nothing wrong with whatever happened on the radio show, the trio have come out individually to apologize to Ghanaians and to Abraham Attah for a "joke gone bad".


Jay Foley wrote on his Facebook page;

Woke up this morning to 1000's of messages condemning me on about article about me mocking Abraham Attah

Why would I do such a thing. One I thing I stand for from persons close to me is inspiring people to be achievers.

This is what my entire life, built upon 2131 is about.

Engaging my personal telephone number to over 50 whatsapp group made of tertiary institutions, committed daily to empowering young minds into achieving more than they are destined to become. And I'm sure this vibrant organisation can attest to this.

I am selfless and always willing to help young people.

Recently, designed a special radio package on the LIVE BREAKFAST CLUB on LIVE FM called the LIVE BUSINESS START-UP.


Specially designed to promote people who are into all kinds of businesses but do not have the means to push their products.


Tune into this every Friday at 7 10am on live fm and you'd get clearer picture. That's not all.. We have GET THE JOB which has been designed to provide job opportunities for many ouapologizedI love adore cherish young people who push beyond limits and those who do not have the courage to...

Why would I in heavens name "hate, envy," Abraham Attah?

But one thing I learnt in life, in as much as I may have the clearest intentions about my actions, never to hate ABRAHAM, I probably may have been misquoted and misread by friends and fans out there.. 

Sorry.... I apologise.


Kwame Sakyiama(Lexis Bill) also wrote;

Yesterday on my show, Drive Time on Joy 99.7FM, we carried a story about talented young Ghanaian actor Abraham Attah presenting an award at the 2016 Oscars and another of him picking the award for ‘Best Male Lead’ at the 2016 Spirit Awards.

As part of the story, we played Abraham’s acceptance speech at the Spirit Awards. Subsequently, I repeated how the gifted actor said ‘Thank you, Thank you’ in a bid to thank my co-presenter and producers.

With the benefit of hindsight, I admit that the mimicking was in bad taste and I sincerely apologise to Abraham and you my cherished audience. I wish to state that I never intended to undermine the achievements of Abraham Attah. That was never the intention.

I deeply regret any offence the comments may have caused. That is not who I am. I, like many Ghanaians, have celebrated the achievements of Master Attah and won’t deliberately say anything that is remotely related to belittling him.

I apologise to all.

Thank You.

Lexis Bill



MzGee also wrote;

After being the first to interview Abraham Attah on TV (Joynews on MultiTV ) in Ghana, I basked in his glory knowing how hard this young man has worked to attain this height. I wonder what I stand to gain by mocking him. Well I read two stories on him on the Drive Time on Joyfm yesterday with Lexis Bill and we jokingly reiterated his 'thank you'. Guess that didn't go down well with a lot of people hence the stories you read today. I apologise to anyone who was offended by my action. It was just a joke gone bad. I'm grateful to all those who have stood with me through this. God bless us all.


I pray Ghanaians find a place in their hearts to forgive since the trio apologized. It's good they have realized their "mistake" even though they didn't mean any harm.


Comments

  1. Please to you all , will want to know if English language is our mother tongue ?? Just asking .Have a great day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, no it's not our mother tongue

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

'Only Angel Obinim can explain how the lord has blessed me' – Shatta Wale

Top producer B2 nominated for Ghana Tertiary Awards.

Bukom Banku to begin JHS